• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved ioncube loader not loaded unable to install softacoulus extension

is the vendor php provided by Ubuntu or Plesk ?
By Ubuntu. Have you tried to install these modules with something like

# apt-get install php7.0-mcrypt php7.0-intl php7.0-zip

?

Hi MiTo,

pls. note, that Plesk ONLY installs Plesk PHP - versions at "/opt/plesk/php", while your VENDOR PHP - executables will be installed at "/usr/bin/". ;)

If you choosed the => ***** The main PPA for PHP (5.6, 7.0, 7.1) with many PECL extens... : Ondřej Surý sources, you have additional executables:

Code:
            php                ( => /etc/php = 7.1 )

php5.6            ( => /etc/php/5.6 )
            php7.0            ( => /etc/php/7.0 )
            php7.1            ( => /etc/php/7.1 )

Code:
/usr/bin/
            pear
            pecl
            phpize

phpize5.6           
            phpize7.0
            phpize7.1

... and additional modules can be searched with:
Code:
apt-cache search php | grep 5.6
Code:
apt-cache search php | grep 7.0
Code:
apt-cache search php | grep 7.1

I did...but had to install first the software-properties-common....seems like Ubuntu 16.04 is quite incomplete...

pls. note, that Plesk ONLY installs Plesk PHP - versions at "/opt/plesk/php", while your VENDOR PHP - executables will be installed at "/usr/bin/". ;)

That was clear to me.

My problem is that plesk and all it's extensions such as softaculous runs with the vendor php which is lacking lots of needed extensions loaded.

The extensions are all installed and available for the php versions that come with plesk but need to be loaded in the vendor php ini files es described in this support article for ioncube loader i guess...

How to install ioncube loader in Ubuntu 16.04

Therfor to save time i asked if it is possible to switch plesk + extensions working with the plesk-php 7.0 which has all necessary extensions loaded.

Hi MiTo,

btw. it's not complete clear to me what the commands are doing. Switching the used php version ?
nope... you will need "phpize5.6" for example, if your desire to compile a possible additional module for your new PHP version 5.6, located at "/etc/php/5.6" ;)

... but we are really running far away from "Plesk - related" issues/errors/problems here and you should know, that you choosed a forum for "Plesk Onyx".

If you desire help for non-Plesk - related issues/errors/problems/questions, pls. open a thread at for example: => Home > Forum > General Discussion > Open Topics

Hi MiTo,

pls. post EACH error message and the corresponding command, if you desire help for your ( still existent ) issue. We are not able to guess your steps, so we can't guess, where you are stuck. ;)

Back