• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue ionCube php 8.1

xemorytr

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.51
hello
Even though I have a plesk installation, I get such an error and the sites are not working.
phpini
This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v4.1.17, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v12.0.5, Copyright (c) 2002-2022, by ionCube Ltd.
with Zend OPcache v8.1.17, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: The file domain/index.php encoded as type [1/72] cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader.\n in Unknown on line 0'

I am getting this error on all sites.

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: The file functions.php encoded as type [1/72] cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader.\n in Unknown on line 0'

It seems that your ionCube loader is already up to date (version 12.0.5). A file that uses a version of ionCube Loader for PHP 7 or earlier and cannot use ionCube Loader for PHP 8.1. So we can assume that this is not a technical issue with your installation, but an incompatibility between the PHP version selected (and the corresponding ionCube loader) and the encryption standard used to encrypt the files that cannot be decrypted with the newer version.

Similar symptoms were reported for WHCMS, but also on other forums like Reddit for more products, e.g. and more.

ionCube is not reading the php file at all.
WordPress included.
wordpress theme ionCube, theme sold 800, no problem with other users.

What could be an alternative solution?

Downgrade PHP version, because the encrypted files were not made with a new ionCube encryptor, but only work with old ionCube.

You have the latest ionCube, and if you have PHP 8.1 with it, it should work. Have you considered to ask the vendor of the theme about it?

You have the latest ionCube, and if you have PHP 8.1 with it, it should work. Have you considered to ask the vendor of the theme about it?
Yes, he said and confirmed it was a plesk sourced situation.
I checked the working example link.
and other purchasers are using it without any problems.

Please open a ticket with Plesk support so that the issue can be investigated on your server.

Back