• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ionic's ISAPI Rewrite

mschultz

New Pleskian
I have an older Windows Plesk 8.6 box running Windows Server 2003 R2. A recent issue we've started experiencing is the plesk(default)(2.0)(Pool) application pool started crashing every few months. I used microsoft DebugDiag to have IIS do a dump when it crashes. According to the dumps, ionic's ISAPI rewrite DLL is causing the crash.

The problem is, the app pool does not automatically restart when this happens, and we do host some sites under it. Could someone help me out with a few questions I have.

1) Since this is an older server, we don't remember if this ionic's ASAPI DLL was installed with plesk, or after the fact. Does anyone know if this was included with default installs of plesk?
2) If it was included, can plesk supply support in resolving this issue?

3) Is there any easy way of tracking down the site that is calling this DLL so we can move it to its own app pool?

4) I guess this should have been first, but, has anyone else experienced this, and is there a solution to the app pool crashing because of this dll.

Back