• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IP address registered in Plesk is invalid or broken

roguepacket

New Pleskian
IP address registered in Plesk is invalid or broken (aka 10.4.4 Pre-Check Failure)

Im currently trying to upgrade my plesk 10.3.1 to 10.4.4 using the cli, during the pre upgrade check i get the following errors, the first error i can ignore, the 2nd i can fix, but the ip issue shouldnt be there, as AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD below is actually my primary ip.

Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check...
WARNING: By default, PHP does not support user sessions when run as a CGI/FastCGI application./var/lib/php/session. Please check http://kb.parallels.com/en/7056 for more details.
WARNING: There are 2 accounts with encrypted passwords. Please refer to http://kb.parallels.com/en/112391 on how to change the passwords' type to plain.
PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /root/parallels/PSA_10.4.4/examiners/panel_preupgrade_checker.php on line 1128
WARNING: IP address registered in Plesk is invalid or broken: AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD

Ive since found the error in the pre-update script as follows, but since it downloads a fresh copy of the script at each attempt, i cant just fix it locally

line 1121 of /root/parallels/PSA_10.4.4/examiners/panel_preupgra de_checker.php should be as follows;
$ipsInSystems = $ipv4;
to:
$ipsInSystem = $ipv4;

Last edited:
---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Centos 5.7, x86_64, Plesk 10.3.1 (upgrading to 10.4.4)
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Try to upgrade to 10.4.4 from 10.3.1 using CLI. Error from pre-upgrade check about IP Address
ACTUAL RESULT
Error regarding IP, due to null array being passed to in_array()
EXPECTED RESULT
No Error
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
FIX;
line 1121 of /root/parallels/PSA_10.4.4/examiners/panel_preupgrade_checker.php should be as follows;
$ipsInSystems = $ipv4;
to:
$ipsInSystem = $ipv4;
--------------------------------------------------------------

I have an installation of Plesk 10.1.1 that is completely empty. No customers or domains. We installed it last year hoping to upgrade all of our servers (over 100) only to learn of the considerable password issues and no choice but to wipe them all out and force customers to reset them -- and possibly lose the customer not savvy enough to understand that what is being asked for is easy. So now as I try to start at it fresh by first upgrading 10.1.1 to 10.4.4 I get:

Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check...
PHP Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /root/parallels/PSA_10.4.4/examiners/panel_preupgrade_checker.php on line 1226
WARNING: IP address registered in Plesk is invalid or broken: 65.44.220.48

This doesn't give me warm, fuzzy feelings. What is the problem and hopefully the solution?????

It would be nice if Parallels staff actually monitored here and provided solutions rather than expecting customers to BUY support incidents. It is a reasonable expectation that a product works when sold. When it doesn't don't squeeze more $$$ out of us.

And for the love of Pete why doesn't Plesk install the most current and stable version of everything. Specifically PHP and MySQL?

@Parallels

Could you please fix the preupgrade script! First post is from Feb 6, 2012 and the problem is still existent. Why it is so complacated to change one character and upload the Script to your Servers????

Back