• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk upgrade / Unable to connect to some Plesk ports

Lrnt

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I get the following message when I try to upgrade to 18.0.60 :

Plesk pre-upgrade check
WARNING: Unable to connect to some Plesk ports. Please see /root/parallels/pool/PSA_18.0.60_14244/examiners/plesk_preupgrade_checker.log for details. Find the full list of the required open ports at https://support.plesk.com/hc/articles/12377821243159

The article specifies the ports which must be open, my (plesk) firewall is activated but all the authorizations for plesk or installation program are present there.

I tried by deactivating the firewall but I got the same message.

Should I pay attention to it or not because I have a option like "I confirm that I want to continue despite the problems detected." to click.

Thanks

Are there any related log entries in the Plesk log at the time you tried to update?
I am still looking for Plesk error logs... /var/log/plesk/systemupdatestool.log is not human readable.
Is there anything in panel to see Plesk log ? I can't find it...

I disable IPV6 due to curl/crontab/dns propagation errors. Absolutely no problem since.
Can it be related to this? I am the only one who has this pre check error message?

Please note that I made previous micro upgrade with no problem.
It just happened now with v.18.0.60

@Kaspar I am such an idiot, sorry. Log file path is in the warning message I just posted here...

Here is the problem:
INFO: STEP 16: Checking the availability of Plesk Panel TCP ports...
INFO: Unable to connect to IP address 2001:41d0:403:38e8:: on Plesk Panel non-secure HTTP port 8880: Connection timed out
INFO: Unable to connect to IP address 2001:41d0:403:38e8:: on Plesk Panel secure HTTPS port 8443: Connection timed out
WARNING: Unable to connect to some Plesk ports. Please see /root/parallels/pool/PSA_18.0.60_14244/examiners/plesk_preupgrade_checker.log for details. Find the full list of the required open ports at
INFO: Result: WARNING
So it is related to IPV6 which I disabled as previsouly mentionned.
Is there anything I can do or should I continue the update despite the warning ?

Ok... Sorry for annoying you with this...

I am thinking that removing the IPV6 address from Plesk IPs* and reread IPs then updating will do the trick.
I will try tomorrow and keep you informed...

* I just disabled IPV6 but never removed the IP in Plesk IPs

Ok solved ! :cool:

If, like me, you need to disable IPV6, follow this article:
How to disable IPv6 addresses on a Plesk server? - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base

Then, while upgrading, if you get another warning like "FTP service cannot be started by xinetd on Plesk server if IPv6 is disabled", follow this article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...by-xinetd-on-Plesk-server-if-IPv6-is-disabled

After that, Plesk will upgrade if no warning.

Thanks to @Kaspar for opening my eyes to the right logs to read

Good to read you've got it resolved, and thank you for sharing your solution. All credit for solving the issue belong to you. You've solved this by your self :)

Back