• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IP-based hosting: Routing of three ip's in one home-directory, how to?

U

Udo Gerhards

Hi,

i'm very new to plesk and i got some question about ip base hosting. One of my customers want's to host 6 domains with ip-based hosting on three ip's. The default configuration on the webserver should look like this:

ip1 => domain1 (main)
domain2 (alias)
-------------------------------
ip2 => domain1 (main)
domain2 (alias)
-------------------------------
ip3 => domain1 (main)
domain2 (alias)

I know, how i use plesk to give every domain it's own home-directory (cause this is the default), but the thing i wonder about is how i could use plesk to route all domains in the same home-directory e.g. the home-directory of ip1 / domain1 without loosing all informations, plesk is gathering (statistics and so on). The called url should even be the same and should not change during redirection.
One possibility is to edit the webservers httpd-configuration direct through commandline but i think this would not be good for the functionality of plesk and would harm the security too.

Does anyone know, how i'm able to make such a routing? Maybe with ".htaccess"-files? This would help me a lot!
Thanks in advance.

Greetings

Udo

Back