• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IP Deny Manger

G

go1cast

Hi,

Ok I'm running plesk 7.5.3 on red hat 9. I'm wonder is there a better way to deny certain ip adress(s) to access a website or the domain name in general, by using plesk,. or is there any "plugins" that would do this. I know I can do via ssh, but since I'm hosting the site for a friend. SSH takes to much time. My friend and i are just wondering if there's anything out there like the ip deny manager in cpanal. Personally I like Plesk better. But cpanal has the ip deny manger that I don't think plesk has. If anyone could help or answer my question it's be great. thanks in advance.

Plesk does not have any script like that built-in, unless you want to add IP's to deny in the Plesk firewall module (has certain limitations), which would block the IP at the firewall level.

Yes, you can do this via SSH and creating/editing either the domain's vhost.conf or .htaccess file. Once the basic structure is setup, doing a SSH to add a few lines now and again should not take that long.

An alternative would be to uninstall the Plesk firewall module and go with something like the APF script (which also just modifies the IPTABLES firewall). There are other threads related to using APF, please do a search or two :)

Yeah I know that I can edit the vhost.conf or .htaccess file, but I was just looking for an easier way for my friend to actually do it. I didn't want the vhost.conf or .htaccess file to be mess up and i would have to go in there and fix it. Well thanks for response.

Back