• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IP issues

Q

quincewyss

I thought horde wasn't working, I was wrong it is working fine. My real problem is that our isp has given us 3 static ip's and 20 dynamic ip's in our ip pool. the way they had us set up our hub so that our static ip would work is to basically forward the static ip to one of the dynamic addresses. so the ip that is static (for example) is 255.255.255.1 and the ip the the machine is on, is 245.12.12.12

while in the office network:
the Plesk server recognizes itself as the dynamic ip. I can see the site perfectly. when I type in the url it pops right up. when I try to send mail it works, but when I try to recieve mail it doesn't work(I think this is because the other mail server is outside of the network).

From an outside network:
nothing works.

jlrank.com is the url.

Hub? Hope you mean Router...

You should take one of the Static IPs and use it *directly* for the Plesk box.

Currently, your NS1/NS2 is unreachable from outside. This may be due to a firewall issue on the server, or more likely to be due to the forwarding of the static IP to a dynamic IP on the box... Did you make sure you forwarded all necessary ports, not just port 80.

Also make sure that the IP you used to register the NS1 and NS2 is the same static IP that you will use for the Plesk server.

The dynamic IPs from the ISP should be used for LAN workstations, not for servers...

Back