• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue IP of Mailer sending E-Mails

tft7000

New Pleskian
Hi

I have a server setup with Plesk Onyx. The server has two ipv4 and two ipv6 addresses.

In Plesk Panel, Tools & Settings, Serverwide E-Mail Settings I said that the mailer should send E-Mails over a specified IP.
I specified a special IPv4 (not the domain one) and i said 'none' (keine) for IPv6.

I realized (because of a gmail complain), that Plesk is sending mails also from IPv6. It is taking the IPv6 from the domain.
However, I expect, that the mailer is not sending mails over IPv6, if I specify that it should not use an IPv6 address..

Also in /etc/postfix/main.cf I see the line: smtp_bind_address = <special_ipv4>, but nothing that would prohibit sending mails via ipv6.

- So either this is a bug in the system: setting ip to none is not working

- or this is a missunderstanding (eg translation problem for the german language pack): it is not allowed to choose 'none' for ip. In this case at least an error message should popup: eg 'you have ipv6 addresses installed, but did not choose an ipv6 address for the smtp service.'

- or this is a specification problem: none means actually all

Make sure that file /etc/postfix/main.cf has record like

inet_protocols = ipv4

after that restart Postfix.

Back