• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IP-tables error

psingh

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone,

I wanted to do a simple thing on plesk:
Deny access to my server including HTTP...

1. I don't see IP Deny manager per domain basis in my Plesk Panel.

2. My last choice was to use IP-Tables , again IP-Tables is giving Error message : Please see below for message
( there is no update available for IP tables)

// IP Table Error Starts
Error: Could not activate firewall configuration:

safeact: safeact: /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall-new.sh failed:
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.9-023stab051.2-smp/modules.dep: No such file or directory
iptables v1.3.8: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

proc_close() failed: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.mktime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead

// IP Table Error Ends

I would be thankful to any easy solution....

Thank you,
PS

Seems ip_nat kernel module is not loaded for your Linux kernel. Check it with something like

# lsmod | grep ip_nat

and try to load it with insmod or modprobe command if it is really not loaded.

Hi IgorG,

I am new to this. Is there a quick "step by step how to" somewhere...

Thank you for your quick response...

Thank you,
PS

It is common Linux issue but not Plesk and you can try to google how to setup iptables modules on Linux.

hi IgorG,

rather messin' up IP-tables, modules and kernel - i used .htaccess instead

it solved my problem...

Thank you once again... IgorG..

Back