1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Ipossible remove vhost.conf on Plesk 10.3.1

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by vincenzot, Sep 1, 2011.

1. vincenzot

vincenzot Regular Pleskian

40%
    Hello,

if I create an vhost.conf on domains and I reload the config with

All works fine, but if I remove the file vhost.conf from domains....apache don't reload the config and don't start again. I give you the completly error:

Any possible fix?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. Chris_O

Chris_O New Pleskian

60%
    I suggest to check the given lines in the conf-files.
    Atleast Plesk considers them as errors.

Regards,

Chris

3. vincenzot

40%
    It's plesk that create the error, because it don't understend now that the file vhost.conf is deleted and create again the apache config with "include ... vhost.conf" so it's an error, because if you create vhost.conf you can't delete it, you must do an empty files.

In other I have too many and many file of apache config into conf folder, but I have already see that problem into another topic http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=107013.

It's really simple to create the problem, try to do an vhost.conf file into any one domains, so reload the httpd, delete the vhost.conf and try to reload the config.

I wait an answer from parallels team please :)

Thanks you.

4. vincenzot

40%
    The problem happens too if I use

Don't happens if I do

But don't is normal that I can't reconfigure all server if I delete 1 or more vhost.

I wait

Thanks

5. Chris_O

Chris_O New Pleskian

60%
    but why are you deleting them?
    if you use subdomains, you can create/alter/delete them by interface. PLESK is doing all ...

6. vincenzot

40%
    For example, today my customers want that we deactive the mod_security , so I create an vhost.conf ... tomorrow the same customers want again the mod_security, So i delete the vhost.conf and I want that plesk remove it from config file of apache...such as old plesk version.

7. vincenzot

40%
    Nothing from parallels team?

8. Danny1973

Danny1973 Basic Pleskian

85%
    Hello,

have the same problem and plesk 10.2. because strato don't show me 10.3. I need 10.3 for own php.ini of fast-cgi webs :( I tested vhost.conf but in fast-cgi webs don't work. I deleted vhost.conf and I will not new create these files but then I became errors, no such file... How I can tell plesk, vhost.conf is deleted? Thank you.

Regards Danny