• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue ipsec vpn on a centos7 vps

scool

Basic Pleskian
We need to establish a vpn ipsec connection on a centos7 plesk server. (site to site)

Server A (physical Centos 7)
public ip : 1.2.3.4 -> physical eth0
private ip : 192.168.1.40 -> ipalias etho0:1

Server B (checkpoint appliance Customer)
public peer ip : 5.6.7.8
private ip : 10.55.55.55 -> physical Ethernet private host ip

The final goal is the two private ips from serverA to be able to communicate with serverB

On ServerA we need the plesk webserver to remain intact and fully functional.
A hosted website will send via api, information to a hosted software in ServerB

The problem is that although the vpn tunnel is established i cannot ping the destination private ip.
i tried several routing configs but none worked.

The vps is hosted on contabo

I don't have enough experience with ipsec; so, here is my opinion that based on general practice. If you a really sure that VPN tunnel is established, you need to check route tables on servers and firewalls rules.

Also, you can check that tunnel is worked with `tcpdump` on ipsec-interfaces. As an example: tcpdump for interface eth0:1 on Server A can show that packets are transmitted to the Server B. The same, tcpdump for ipsec-interface on Server B can show that the same packets are received. If you don't see packets, you need to troubleshoot a VPN-tunnel issue firstly.

Back