• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question IPV6 only

fabiogama

New Pleskian
I'm testing the latest version of Plesk and in the settings I tried to create domain only with IPV6 but it does not work, also in visualization the IP address insists on IPV4.

Note: The site does not work if you just leave without IPv4, if enabling IPV4 works!

How to change to work only in IPV6?

Thank you!

The fact is that there are big doubts about the correct operation of the OS itself in case if only IPv6 is used.
Therefore, the functionality requested by you was not considered when implementing IPv6 support in Plesk.

Hi fabiogama,

Could you please explain your case in more detail? Why do you want to use Plesk on a server with IPv6 address only? If I not mistaken, people who uses only IPv4 addresses on their desktop/laptop/tablets/smartphones won't be able to connect with your websites on a server with an IPv6-address only. Is it acceptable for you or there is some other use-case which I can't guess now?

JFYI:

It is not about IPv6-only but it is about supporting dynamically assigned IPv6 addresses on Plesk for Linux:

Back