• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question IPv6 support for Public Address for Shared

PleskUser2022

New Pleskian
Hi,
I'm using Plesk Obsidian for Linux(18.0.38U3) on a Centos7.9 VM on a dedicated server. I'm managing the physical server and virtualisation.

Currently, I have my VM interface IP(192.168.x.x) and my Public IPv4 Address is saved on Tools&Settings IP Addresses as Shared. As I remember this IP address also bound to PLESK License by my provider/reseller.

I'm planning to switch to IPv6 /64 range on a new dedicated server and move this PLESK VM to there.

a. Can I simply set Public IP Address as one IPv6 address from my /64 range ? I guess I need to replace current IPv4 public address with an IPv6 Global address ?

b. OR, If I change internal addressing to IPv6(first setting the interface address of Centos and) then there will be no NAT and should I add the same as interface IPv6 Global address(Shared for all websites/mail domains) from my range to IP Addresses with removing existing IPv4-192.x.x.x&IPv4Public ?

c. I think I also need to request from my reseller to change license binding to that IPv6 address right ? So the license will be bound to an IPv6 address, is it possible ?

d. Any cautions or points to take care of ?

Thanks in advance,

Back