• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Is it better to use Site Import or Plesk Migration?

CobraArbok

Regular Pleskian
I have two VPS on the same ISP.
One has Debian 10 and only contains two domains. One is with Joomla (no mail), the other is just a redirect.
The second VPS is new, on Ubuntu 20.04
Both VPSs have Plesk.

I have to move the domain with Joomla from the first VPS to the second.
I can also create by hand the domain with the redirect.
Which extension is best to use?
The one to migrate Plesk or the one to make a Site Import?

I have no experience with Joomla. It could be there are some Joomla specifics I am not aware of. However in general I would go with Plesk Migrator if you also want to migrate (specific) settings, such as PHP. Otherwise I would go with Site Import.

The Migtrator moves more than just the site files and database, it will also migrate the business elements of the subscriptions, i.e. the customer accounts, details etc. If you just need to move a couple of sites keep it simple and use the site importer, if you need to move customers use the migrator.

Back