• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Use same Let's Encrypt certificate on new server without regenerating a new one

Lrnt

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12.4
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.58 #2
Hi !

I finally acquired a new server with Debian 12 and Plesk to replace my Debian 9 server. I am in the process of migrating my sites and I prefer to do it by hand rather than using Plesk Migrator.

When I move a site, I have to regenerate a Let's Encrypt certificate which forces me to wait for the DNS to propagate with the TXT record for the challenge.

Is there a way to skip this step and reuse the current certificate without regenerating a new one which results in a DNS change?

Maybe is it possible to modify some files or entrires to use the previous TXT record value already in DNS servers cache ? So no need to wait for DNS propagation ?

Thanks.

I hope auto renewal will be ok
Not sure and I would recommend to check renewal controls in the SSL It! extension.

Let me also tell a few words about the SSL It! feature that allows Plesk Admin to see all certificates and their expiration date centrally :)
"Main Menu / Extensions / My Extensions / SSL It! (the "Open" button)",
1707210612314.png

After some time, you can double check that everything is ok and certificates are renewed on time.

Back