• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is it possible to drop email attachment based on file extension on a domain level?

[email protected]

Basic Pleskian
Dear all,

How do I enable domain administrator to drop email attachment based on certain file extension?

This will be useful for domain administrator to configure such setting themselves.

Thanks

I'd love to know this as well.

This could make it a lot easier for administrators. just disable .exe and youre good to go.

if you want more exe / doc / zip and you should be happy.

have them use .rar or .rtf or .txt

You could definitely do this using some third party antivirus program like clamav. I don't know what the capabilities of drweb are, as I've never used it. But if it's anything like any other antivirus program, you should be able to do some sort of regex filtering via a config file somewhere.

Sorry, I know that's not much help, but I hope it gets you closer to the answer you are looking for.

thanks for the pointers - I'm sure someone will find them helpful, I know I would if clamav / qmail-scanner wouldnt have scared me away this week by making my server unusable (which was most certainly my fault)

I was just rethinking this.

since I now run clamav and spamassassin 3 I'd like to try this.

serve-you.net, you say clamav could do that. that's odd. wouldnt the MTA be responsible for dropping attachments?

4PSA's Clean Server has this function layed out where you just add all the extensions you want dropped seperated my commas in a GUI environment. You can also have it drop emails with double extension attachments.

hope this helps

Not really. When you run any filtering, it mangles the mail, before passing it off to the mail server for delivery. So in theory, you can make it do anything. Never used it before, but check out http://www.enderunix.org/zabit/ might do what you need.

In fact, I am using 4PSA Clean Server. However, it only allows the administrator to perform these requirements as explained by Poke.

It does not, however, allow the domain administrator to do so.

I'm too cheap to buy CleanServer so I'll just go and find another solution :D

after more than a month, I have to return and report I was unable to find a solution that is working with clamav.

I didnt even see a mention of it anywhere.

input would be appreciated :)

Hi,

For a customer I run the script "checkhab" from http://ngm.id.au
It's free and easy to configure, but you'll have to do this manually. Be sure to add the script-call-line on the first line of your .qmail files (must be added BEFORE the spamassassin line) !

4PSA does not provide "per domain blocking", but I've asked this last month, they are working on that, so maybe it will be included in the next update.

Regards,
Bart

Back