• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Is it possible to restore the server from 1 full and 26 incremental backups?

n.fandrich

New Pleskian
Hello together,

I've been having massive problems with full backups on my Plesk instance running on Ubuntu 18.04 (which is not supported by Plesk anymore). I wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to upgrade the server to a newer Ubuntu version and reinstall Plesk again, but I'm not sure, if my existing backups allow me to recover the most recent version of my data then.

There is a full backup from June 19th - the last day full backups worked. From that day onwards only incremental backups were created:

1690717982252.png

Unfortunately I don't have a direct answer to your question. However I can offer some pointers that might help you.
  • To see if it's possible to restore from 1 full and 26 incremental backups you could spin-up a cheap VPS/cloud server (and install Plesk). That way you can test if it's possible.
  • You could also consider to perform a dist-upgrade from Ubuntu Ubuntu 18 > Ubuntu 20. That way you don't have to setup a new server.
  • Lastly I want to mention that Plesk offers "Professional Services" to assist users with upgrading their servers (among other things). It's not free and I am not sure what the costs are. But it might be of interest to you.

Last edited:
Back