• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Is it possible to show the quota used on horde?

F

Filipe Miranda

Hello,

I'm using Horde as my webmail with Plesk 8.2 and I would like to know if its possible to make horde show to the user the amount of quota used by his account.

Thank you,

I found that it is by doing this:
/etc/psa-horde/imp/servers.php

$servers['imap'] = array(
'name' => 'IMAP Server',
'server' => 'localhost',
'hordeauth' => false,
'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
'port' => 143,
'maildomain' => $DomainName,
'smtphost' => 'localhost',
'smtpport' => 25,
'realm' => '',
'preferred' => '',
'quota' => array(
'driver' => 'courier'
),
);

But the problem is.... it always shows QUOTA: UNLIMITED

I already changed the quota for mailboxes and/or hard disk quotas but it always shows unlmited on horde.

Is it possible to make this work properly?

Hello,

Yes, exactly! Anyone that access the webmail (any domain any user) would be able to see the quota used and quota limit .

When I use the code posted in the first post of this tread it shows to the user QUOTA LIMIT: UNLIMITED, even if the quota is set on plesk for the mailbox or domain account.

To enable quota support in Plesk is just enable quota on the OS filesystem?? What about e-mail quota support? doesnt that need to be enabled on the MDA? (courier?)

How does Plesk really works so we can solve this mystery !?

Plesk doesn't currently support IMAP quotas; they seem to have disabled it in their courier and qmail builds (well probably just didn't include a patch for qmail to enable it).

Working on my own stuff to gloss over this for certain clients w/heavy webmail usage...

Does this mean that Plesk does not impose limits on email usage even though we specify quota on the domain's properties?

Hello,

Yesterday I tested the quota for e-mail accounts and it does work!

Horde, according to this forum does not come with the quota support (just to show the information).

But quota is enforced!

And I also found out that disk quota is different from e-mail quota. Which means that if you put a disk quota of 1GB and have e-mail quota of 2GB, each mailbox from each user will have a limit of 2GB even though the disk quota is 1GB, the disk quota only applies to the content of your website space....

Regards,
Filipe Miranda

And so is SQL space I guess then - seperate from everything. Well.. too many billing items for too little pay! Linux's cPanel seems better or even Helm for that matter as they consider everything as one with the option of segregating the variables - but with Plesk we only have one option i.e. too many items to count.

To be absolutely clear my understanding, and I believe it to be accurate, is that Plesk:

a) has its own quota mechanism for email built into its qmail and courier builds
b) does not recognize, support or display IMAP quotas as described by Maildir++ and used by courier
c) does not use OS level disk quotas for this either
d) does not have a Quota subclass for IMP to be able to display quota usage in the webmail interface

I'm taking a look at the Plesk Qmail patches now, and am going to write my own solution to fix IMP. It looks like the Plesk quota mechanism is fairly inefficient though so we'll see how this works out with PHP...

Back