• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Is it possible to update OS PHP 5.4 (centos7) to version 7.4 to install newrelic5?

Jonas87

New Pleskian
Hello all,

I have a server where it is needed to install a new version of newrelic but the OS PHP version is 5.4 (it should have PHP 7.4), this server has been updated from Onyx to Obsidian,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The upgrade of the New Relic PHP agent cannot proceed.
The previous installation remains unchanged because an unsupported PHP version 5.4 has been detected.
Please upgrade the PHP installation to a supported version.

error: %pre(newrelic-php5-9.19.0.309-1.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error: newrelic-php5-9.19.0.309-1.x86_64: install failed error: newrelic-php5-9.18.1.303-1.x86_64:
erase skipped error: newrelic-daemon-9.18.1.303-1.x86_64: erase skipped
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found on Plesk support article it is advised to do it on a fresh Obsidian install, this server has several important websites and I am not so sure if I update the OS PHP can break the system.
Can you please provide any feedback or suggestion?

Thank you in advance

The main danger is that some of your sites may use the OS PHP version as a PHP handler. Then, when updating OS PHP, the work of such sites may be disrupted.
Other than that, I don't see any major potential problems.

Back