• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Is it possible to use DomainKey + OpenDKIM in Plesk?

HoracioS

Regular Pleskian
Hello, I sucessfully installed OpenDKIM, but it conflicts with built-in Plesk's DomainKeys.

I' confused because both trying to use default._domainkey.domain.com

Any tip about run both instances? I'm trying to change default._domainkey.domain.com by server._domainkey.domain.com but port25 or other checkers trying to find only default._domainkey.domain.com

Best regards,
Horacio

Hi,
Yeah it's very easy to run both, leave Plesk's DomainKeys alone for a start, I'm not sure why you are trying to change the default._domainkey?
OpenDKIM must be set up to use a different selector like dkim for example, so you have two entries in DNS.

To make sure both domainkeys and OpenDKIM can sign mail you need to find the milter_protocol directive in /etc/postfix/main.cf...
Code:
milter_default_action = accept
milter_protocol = 6
smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:12768, inet:127.0.0.1:12345
non_smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:12345

And change it to 6.
I hope that helps
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hi mate,
sorry yeah if you are using port 8891 for opendkim then...
Code:
milter_default_action = accept
milter_protocol = 6
smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:12768, inet:127.0.0.1:8891
non_smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:8891

If you need any further help post back, I'll be happy to help.
Regards

Lloyd

Thank you very much!!!, now the messages are ok :)

================================================================
DomainKey result: pass
Signed by: test@domain.com

PublicKey: default._domainkey.domain.com
IN TXT = "p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC4V9oUk0cIpSgqF0wFRFYcQiBvuIzM+YmJU5jxvlVXYF7lqfgGhjUVh2SCtIhdjUIzp9VuCf0s2CE61m4QFbGUkUFHBLR6pGcfGca8V9FSuTzbXI6wQkQsWpjpAFJTerur90CMwfN4Vnl6JVnVEraaRXDTLMzZ+x50MkR4qRUbkwIDAQAB;"

DKIM result: pass
Signed by: test@domain.com
Expected Body Hash: g3zLYH4xKxcPrHOD18z9YfpQcnk/GaJedfustWU5uGs=

PublicKey: mail._domainkey.domain.com
IN TXT = "v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC4q9p3JVPrudU0nEcovqrodoKGCKA8tm8lCNohE3b2A/X8EvB2ZouLOH5zhTNLZ9oP0lBmc1jZvkNqRYEYpWm2WW6wxYJbxQyO3SzHq2U4m1tNRkpCvpFAJz3hZVlpPUBHC5qK4Xm/hF6MAwoKQl+vMOV3OYbulvnpyAFFldsdKQIDAQAB;"

best regards,
Horacio

Thanks for this too, @Lloyd_mcse! Thanks to your feedback here, I took courage and installed OpenDKIM!

I also followed instructions I found in http://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/20...h-postfix-or-sendmail-for-rhel-centos-fedora/ for making a multi-domain installation and everything went fine at the first shot (which is kinda incredible if you consider my very limited Linux sysadmin skills... :cool:)

In the instructions I cited above I think there is a mistake as far as regards what goes into /etc/opendkim/SigningTable : it says to insert *@example.com default._dkim.example.com while I think it should be *@example.com default._domainkey.example.com

I did as above and it worked, so I think it is just a case of a typo in there...

Hi Sergio,
you are correct, it should be...

*@example.com default._domainkey.example.com
or...
example.com default._domainkey.example.com

Is also fine.
Glad it helped.
Kind regards

Lloyd

Back