• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Is it possible to use DomainKey + OpenDKIM in Plesk?

HoracioS

Regular Pleskian
Hello, I sucessfully installed OpenDKIM, but it conflicts with built-in Plesk's DomainKeys.

I' confused because both trying to use default._domainkey.domain.com

Any tip about run both instances? I'm trying to change default._domainkey.domain.com by server._domainkey.domain.com but port25 or other checkers trying to find only default._domainkey.domain.com

Best regards,
Horacio

Hi,
Yeah it's very easy to run both, leave Plesk's DomainKeys alone for a start, I'm not sure why you are trying to change the default._domainkey?
OpenDKIM must be set up to use a different selector like dkim for example, so you have two entries in DNS.

To make sure both domainkeys and OpenDKIM can sign mail you need to find the milter_protocol directive in /etc/postfix/main.cf...
Code:
milter_default_action = accept
milter_protocol = 6
smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:12768, inet:127.0.0.1:12345
non_smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:12345

And change it to 6.
I hope that helps
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hi mate,
sorry yeah if you are using port 8891 for opendkim then...
Code:
milter_default_action = accept
milter_protocol = 6
smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:12768, inet:127.0.0.1:8891
non_smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:8891

If you need any further help post back, I'll be happy to help.
Regards

Lloyd

Thank you very much!!!, now the messages are ok :)

================================================================
DomainKey result: pass
Signed by: test@domain.com

PublicKey: default._domainkey.domain.com
IN TXT = "p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC4V9oUk0cIpSgqF0wFRFYcQiBvuIzM+YmJU5jxvlVXYF7lqfgGhjUVh2SCtIhdjUIzp9VuCf0s2CE61m4QFbGUkUFHBLR6pGcfGca8V9FSuTzbXI6wQkQsWpjpAFJTerur90CMwfN4Vnl6JVnVEraaRXDTLMzZ+x50MkR4qRUbkwIDAQAB;"

DKIM result: pass
Signed by: test@domain.com
Expected Body Hash: g3zLYH4xKxcPrHOD18z9YfpQcnk/GaJedfustWU5uGs=

PublicKey: mail._domainkey.domain.com
IN TXT = "v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC4q9p3JVPrudU0nEcovqrodoKGCKA8tm8lCNohE3b2A/X8EvB2ZouLOH5zhTNLZ9oP0lBmc1jZvkNqRYEYpWm2WW6wxYJbxQyO3SzHq2U4m1tNRkpCvpFAJz3hZVlpPUBHC5qK4Xm/hF6MAwoKQl+vMOV3OYbulvnpyAFFldsdKQIDAQAB;"

best regards,
Horacio

Thanks for this too, @Lloyd_mcse! Thanks to your feedback here, I took courage and installed OpenDKIM!

I also followed instructions I found in http://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/20...h-postfix-or-sendmail-for-rhel-centos-fedora/ for making a multi-domain installation and everything went fine at the first shot (which is kinda incredible if you consider my very limited Linux sysadmin skills... :cool:)

In the instructions I cited above I think there is a mistake as far as regards what goes into /etc/opendkim/SigningTable : it says to insert *@example.com default._dkim.example.com while I think it should be *@example.com default._domainkey.example.com

I did as above and it worked, so I think it is just a case of a typo in there...

Hi Sergio,
you are correct, it should be...

*@example.com default._domainkey.example.com
or...
example.com default._domainkey.example.com

Is also fine.
Glad it helped.
Kind regards

Lloyd

Back