• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Is it possible to whitelist by IP address or range in greylisting?

IA-Plesk

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.46
Most of our mail that goes to the Plesk server makes relay from other servers.
We've whitelisted it by hostname (`/usr/local/psa/bin/grey_listing --update-server -domains-whitelist add:host1.domain.com,host2.domain.com`). From our tests, it seems that to whitelist by IP does not work in format `1.2.3.4`.

Is it possible to whitelist an IP, range or network (CIDR notation or other)?

According to documentation IP addresses are accepted. Do you experience an issue when adding an ip instead of a domain name (e.g. an error message of the grey_listing script) or can you set an IP but it then seems to not being honored when an email arrives from that ip?

According to documentation IP addresses are accepted. Do you experience an issue when adding an ip instead of a domain name (e.g. an error message of the grey_listing script) or can you set an IP but it then seems to not being honored when an email arrives from that ip?
I tested to add an IP without any error, but it seems not to be honored. I may need further tests to confirm that.

Related question: what do I need to restart in order to apply changes in this configuration? Dovecot? Postfix?

Back