1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

is PHP 5 supported by Plesk for Windows

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by hellfish, Sep 1, 2005.

1. hellfish

hellfish Guest

Hi, is PHP 5 supported by any version of Plesk?

I'm having trouble with the Company that is suppling the server.

I have Plesk 7.5.0 and since the company asked for a big amount of money to install PHP 5, I installed it myself, but somethings aren't working...

horde webmail for example and the php service is disabled on Plesk control panel (but php is working).

When I mentioned that horde wasn't working, they sugested to upgrade Plesk, but as I metioned that I had already installed PHP 5 I got the following answer...

Bottom line, what should I do? does anyone have any sugestion?

2. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

Plesk himself should work but horde and sitebuilder will not work with php5

3. hellfish

hellfish Guest

yup, apparently not. Does anyone know a good free or cheap webmail application we could use instead of horde?

4. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

Plesk only supports MailEnable pro, SmarterMail or Merak. But I don't now would they work with php5 or not.

5. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    The ME Pro webmail client is not written in PHP and so should work fine if PHP 5 was being used.