• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

is PHP 5 supported by Plesk for Windows

H

hellfish

Hi, is PHP 5 supported by any version of Plesk?

I'm having trouble with the Company that is suppling the server.

I have Plesk 7.5.0 and since the company asked for a big amount of money to install PHP 5, I installed it myself, but somethings aren't working...

horde webmail for example and the php service is disabled on Plesk control panel (but php is working).

When I mentioned that horde wasn't working, they sugested to upgrade Plesk, but as I metioned that I had already installed PHP 5 I got the following answer...

If you have installed a new/custom version of php that will actually break the plesk install and I couldn't proceed until it is dropped back to the stock version. You could potentially update again after the upgrade was finished, though. To install the latest version of plesk it would be $150. If the install fails due to the custom software versions that were likely installed, though, we couldn't guarantee the install.
>
--
Thank you,

Rui Cruz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Regarding your previous e-mails we are interested in upgrading our Plesk to the newest version available.
>
> How much would this maintenance be?
>
>
> By the way, we have already installed PHP 5.0.3, so all we need is the upgrade and configuration to this PHP version.

Bottom line, what should I do? does anyone have any sugestion?

Plesk himself should work but horde and sitebuilder will not work with php5

yup, apparently not. Does anyone know a good free or cheap webmail application we could use instead of horde?

Plesk only supports MailEnable pro, SmarterMail or Merak. But I don't now would they work with php5 or not.

The ME Pro webmail client is not written in PHP and so should work fine if PHP 5 was being used.

Back