• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question is plesk 17.5 an update or a new version?

Linulex

Silver Pleskian
On the MU update page Change Log for Plesk i see:

MU 20
Plesk 17.5
MU 21

I was under the impression that plesk 17.5 is a new version and in early adopter at the moment.
Can someone confirm that this is a new version, or is this seen as an MU of 17.0?
Or am i missing something?

If its a new version, shouldn't it have a page of its own?
If its an MU, why doesn't it install?

regards
Jan

Onyx is a name, not a versionnumber

names are for children and pets, not for software.

ps: i hate the new forum look, almost 50% of the screen is a search box?

regards
Jan

@Linulex yeah, you made my evening, thanks :)
names are for children and pets, not for software.

Plesk Onyx 17.5 is a new version that is in earlier adopter stage, for now.
It contains a lot of bug fixes reported by our customers and we plan to move it through "earlier adopter" -> "release" -> "late adopter" pipeline soon.

We will deliver MUs separately for Plesk Onyx 17.0 and Plesk Onyx 17.5, all changes will be reflected in the Changelog. Do you think if it will be useful to add some kind of quick references for the latest 17.0 MU and 17.5 MU for fast navigation?

Thanks,

Do you think if it will be useful to add some kind of quick references for the latest 17.0 MU and 17.5 MU for fast navigation?

@dash

Yes, that would be useful.
I for one only use late adopter versions on production servers and always read what an MU does in order to be able to give my customers the best support.

Regards
Jan

Plesk Onyx is not just name of pet or children but the name of important milestone on our roadmap to provide the best web development experience whilst adding significant value to WebOps lifecycle. This name unites several releases, unlike the versions about which Uwe speaks. Do you feel the difference?
But in any case, we have heard you and will think how to solve the problem optimally.

how to solve the problem optimally.

@UFHH01 gave the answer: make a different page for a different version, as you did for all the previous versions.

Do you feel the difference?

Not really. I feel marketing and we all know: when marketing enters, common sense leaves the room. The same name for different versions with different features in different release stages isn't "adding significant value", its "adding significant confusion"

If its not a different version then please tell me: is Onyx in late adopter release OR is Onyx in early adopter release? You notice the confusion???
Because one is 17.0 and the other is 17.5.
If its the same version then it is both in early adopter AND late adopter, this is impossible.

Regards
Jan

I agree with Lilunex. Onyx can't be both 17.0 AND 17.5, especially when each version is in different phases (17.0.17 is in the late adopter phase and 17.5 is in early adopter phase). If you want to stick to the naming convention then 17.5 should get a new name.

Back