1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Plesk slow for everyone?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by LeeParker, May 28, 2005.

1. LeeParker

LeeParker Guest

Was wondering if it was just the ssl access or something else. I'm really happy to get a page loaded at 1K/sec...it's usually <500B/sec... wouldn't mind my regular >10K download speed.

Thanks,
    Lee

2. LeeParker

LeeParker Guest

Got this one figured out.......Opera web browser....Switched to Firefox & get good speed.

3. nibb@

nibb@ Guest

Thats right people, IE and other browsers are terrible slow when using Plesk, use Firefox. It takes me 3 minutes to log into plesk and then navigate to a client with IE, but with Firefox it takes 60 seconds in all.

4. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Guest

Thus this means that Plesk was coded very poorly in regards to Platform Compatibility.

5. nibb@

nibb@ Guest

Of course not, it means Firefox is very good coded. All websites not just Plesk are at least 60% faster with Firefox. Firefox has a great navigation coding that makes or it appears at least to be very fast.

6. rldev

rldev Guest

Actually it is probably both. I have both Plesk and DirectAdmin. DA has no speed issues on any broswer.

7. Whistler

Whistler Guest

Hmm... can't say I agree. Plesk loads fast on both my IE (6) and Mozilla (1.7.2) here... Can't feel any big difference in the loading time on either browser.

So I don't think it's only about browser versions but - maybe could be some settings in IE that make the site load slower?

8. Botham

Botham Guest

Only time Plesk has been unbearably slow for me is when using within a VPS account...

9. dcodotto

dcodotto Guest

Halleluia! Thanks guys! I was wondering why the interface was so slow... I'm trying to setup a whole stack of domains in plesk and i was getting soooo peeved off with the slow page load times... then switched over to Firefox and BAM!!! They are loading so quick now!!!
    Strange thing is tho... that I was using IE with Plesk back on my old server which had 7.5.4 installed... the OS was Fedora Core1 tho... my new server is CentOS3.6... I didn't think that would make any difference... not too sure.... Any experiences from others?