• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Is plesk still not able to pertae with 2 HDDS?

waseem

Basic Pleskian
HI,

I want to confirm one thing only i want to achieve following, kindly tell me if it is possible or not.
I have a server with 2 Hard disks, 1 is SSD and 2nd is HDD, I want to ise SSD for my PLESK and all websites, I want to use HDD for only one website.

Is it possible to achieve with PLESK? Plesk allows custom paths for websites? or any other way to achieve this with PLESK, this is very easy with directadmin as we have to give new path before creating a user and can change it after adding user.

Any info on this?

Hi waseem,

you are certainly able to mount HDD2 where ever you would like to and you are certainly able to use "mount --bind" to achieve your goal.
This is an system administrator task and can't be done with the help of Plesk and you do this on your own risk. ;)

Additional informations: => What is a bind mount?

@UFHH01 Hi, is there any disadvantage of using this technique?

And i dont want to replicate files, i want to access one folder in HDD by a website placed in SDD.

Thank you for your response, as every time i got response from you and you only :)

Hi waseem,

Hi, is there any disadvantage of using this technique?
I have to admit, that I never tested it, but as far that I know, it "should" work as intended. Due to missing ( free, available HDDs on servers I administrate ) HDDs, I'm not able to test it, to confirm my thoughts/suggestions. :(

Okz i am working on my server and not able to see attached HDDs via root or by df- h command, it is only showing SSD not HDD. What should i do to show HDDs with this command too??

Regards

Back