• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Is Red Hatś Up2date a danger for Plesk ?

M

MaRiOs

Guest
I run 7,5,3 Plesk on a Red Hat EL3 server.
The question is....
If I do updates to linux using his up2date command,will the updates affect in a bad way or harm my Plesk installation ?
 
I use up2date all the time and YUM. I would say up2date is just fine to use as you can rollback updates fairly easy if something breaks. Just take caution when updating MySQL/PHP..... I've never had to skip an update except for a customized kernel.

-poke
 
You can use up2date without any problem with ALL RPMS. You should exclude the kernel if you have a custom compile.
 
Back
Top