• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Is there a way to easy let 'web users' can change there password?

Arian

New Pleskian
Is there a way to let 'web user' easy change there password?
They cannot login to the control panel, because it's only an ftp user, but i can amagine that an web user will change there password without interference of an administrator.

Hi Arian,

They do can login to the control panel
When you start creating a Customer, Plesk makes you configure 2 different credentials

The first one - Access to Plesk
The second one - Subscription

The first Credentials will allow the user to access to his control panel

After finishing the creation of the Customer, the user will be able to log in
As this user is granted as Owner, he will be able to change his password

Hope it helps!

Attachments

• user creation.png
    user creation.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 1
  • user log in.png
    user log in.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi Aleix,

Only the thing is that i don't mean that function. I mean the 'web users' function under a subscription, where they can have a 'personal' page (like https://domain/~username)

Attachments

• webusers.png
    webusers.png
    6 KB · Views: 6
  • webuser2.PNG
    webuser2.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 4
  • webuser3.PNG
    webuser3.PNG
    10.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi,

If I am not mistaken, only the Administrator of Plesk, Owners and Granted users from the Domain have permits to modify passwords
So, I am afraid the Web Users cannot change their passwords by themselves

You may be able to allow it via Roundcube email access. If you are changing FTP-only users maybe you just give them email too so they can log in and change their passwords? My email users do not have Plesk access at all but do change their passwords.

Back