• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Is there a way to update a service plan without syncing?

websavers

Regular Pleskian
I wish to update all of our service plans to default to using PHP 7 for performance and security reasons (though mostly performance).

There's two problems with this:

1. The only option when changing a setting for a service plan is to "Update & Sync", however I don't wish to force existing hosting plans to move to PHP 7 as they may not be ready for it yet. I only wish to default new hosting plans to PHP 7.

2. This very serious bug will very likely cause all of my customers using PHP with nginx to revert back to apache, causing some serious problems with their websites, like 500 errors and/or redirecting everything to the homepage thanks to our customized high-performance nginx configurations.

Does anyone know of a way to adjust the PHP settings for a service plan without forcing a sync to all hosting plans linked to it? (Why isn't this an option?)

-Jordan

Hi websavers,

did you notice, that there is a documentation about "Syncing Subscriptions and Plans" at => Reseller's Guide ( Plesk 12.5 online documentation ) <= ?

Reading the facts about it, you might be interested, that there is as well a command to "Lock/Unlock a subscription" over the command line:

plesk bin subscription --lock-subscription example.com
plesk bin subscription --unlock-subscription example.com

"Locked" subscriptions are excluded from syncing. ;)

Thanks for the response!

I'm afraid that doesn't really help... I most definitely want to be able to keep certain values synced with the service plan, such as bandwidth and storage limits and such.

However PHP settings are very much something that will nearly always be specific to each subscription. I don't wish to remove all of my subscriptions from syncing with the service plan. I just want this to become the new default while still ensuring that other changes I make to the service plan do indeed apply to subscriptions created from the plan.

Hi websavers,

consider to "clone" the existent standard service plan and either set the cloned service plan as new standard ( with your new modifications ), or move the existent subscriptions to the cloned service plan ( without PHP - modifications ). Cloning a service plan is done withing seconds and moving subscriptions take a bit longer... this is not a suggestion, but more "my two cents" to your issue. ;)

Back