• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved is there server wide real time logging?

larryk

Regular Pleskian
For a single domain, you can go to:

home-> subscriptions -> domain -> website & domains -> Logs

Can you do that for SERVER WIDE?
So you can see ALL domain log files in real time?

PS
if not, very awesome, useful feature!!!!!

Hi larryk,

Can you do that for SERVER WIDE?
No.

if not, very awesome, useful feature!!!!!
Pls. imagine to have 500 ( or even 3000 ) domains hosted on your server. Now pls. calculate the total size of such a "server-wide - log - file" and how long it would take to open up such a huuuuuge log - file, despite the fact, that PHP restrictions are setup, which limit processing time and size-limit. In fact: Bad idea - not usefull at all. ;)

thanks...

well, i was looking for this point of view:
you have 10, 100, 500, or 3000 domains on your server = how can you "see or find out" which sites have errors in a fast, easy, simple way?

what I like about the real-time log viewer, you can set it to Errors only and instantly see if any errors occur.
I think that is pretty cool and nice feature to have! In a couple clicks you can SEE it easily.

So i think that is very useful.
Even more useful is could be done at server level. If it technically, can't be done -- that's another story.

Hi larryk,

how can you "see or find out" which sites have errors in a fast, easy, simple way?
Easiest way I know:
Code:
grep -R --color "Error" /var/www/vhosts/system/*/logs
... but as I mentioned before, such an output will be HUUUUGE with a lot of hosted domains, unless you don't add additional filters.​

can you expand on what "additional filters" are?
thanks!

See, a server wide tool to let you "filter" errors would be awesome for a person like me.
If my filters create a huge file = that is my fault.

PS
:) it is only a huge file... IF there are lots of errors. No errors and the file is empty.

Hi larryk,

pls. use the manual pages for "grep", if you are interested in the ( extended / option ) - usage. ;)

it is only a huge file... IF there are lots of errors. No errors and the file is empty.
You seem to think, that when you host domains on your server, that the server administrator checks/modifies/edits the domain - specific content, which is really not the case - this is a task for the domain - administrator. Pls. don't mix the different roles, even if it might be the case, that you do both "jobs" on your server. ;)

Back