• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue after migrating Plesk 10 to Plesk 12

Davicval

New Pleskian
Hi,

Finally after waiting some weeks to do the migration of my Plesk, I decided to do it. Unfortunately, I had an warning message which afraid me.

In fact, my old Plesk 10 is running on an old Windows Web Server and the new Plesk is running on a Windows Server Foundation 2012, which is limited to 15 local users.

During the migration, the following message appeared and i'm a little confused to see that Plesk is using local users.
Indeed, I connected on the Windows Web Server and saw lot of users created by Plesk.

Capture d’ecran 2014-09-22 a 11.40.47.png

I'm French so sorry, the message is in this language, but it's just telling that the Plesk has more than 15 local users but 15 is the Windows Server Foundation limit.

So my question is: What these users are for and could it be a problem for me to encounter this message?

Thanks for help.

Best regards,
David

Last edited:
Hello,

Plesk creates this users and these users has access to the plesk applications services and etc. These are Iuser which are required for domain so domain can work properly in iis. You have two options either increase the user limits in your windows server or add all domains in single subscription. That will make a single user the owner of all domains. But in second scenario you will not able to have separate control panel access.

Back