• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Issue connecting mail clients to Plesk...Webmail works fine

bacon612

New Pleskian
Hi Everyone

I have a new Plesk 12.x install on a VPS with one IP. I have configured two domains with wordpress and email on both domains using plesk. The webpages and webmail for each domain are working fine but I cant seem to get thunderbird to connect to plesk to use as a mail client on either domain. It seems that plesk configures webmail as well as smtp and pop/imap automatically. I also see that it creates their respective DNS records in DNS settings too. When trying to configure either domain in Thunderbird, I use mail.domain.com (which resolves to the IP of my vps correctly) and it wont connect. The error i receive reads: "Thunderbird failed to find the settings for your email account"

Is there something I am missing that has to be manually configured to allow me to use mail clients with plesk?

Thanks

Back