• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Issue : Server Management > Extensions

Marco_R

New Pleskian
Hello @Odin,

trying to upgrade Magic Spam to release 2.0.2-1 into Extension Catalog Page (clicing "upgrade" button) we met an error and extension page disappeared completely into our Panel Parallels Plesk - 12.0.18 and shown this error warning "Internal error: command /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/magicspam/license_manager is not executable

Message command /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/magicspam/license_manager is not executable
File lib.cmdwrapper.php
Line 65
Type Exception
Go To Previous Page

Search for related Knowledge Base articles

Can you help us ? ... to retrieve back the correct page : we cannot manage anything as addons now because page not available (internal error).

I hold, Regards

Mark R. Calda
System Administrator
Network Integrated ITSol

Search for related Knowledge Base articles

Hello Marco,

We also left you a reply over at the MagicSpam forums but we'll answer here just in case.

Could you please try removing the MagicSpam extension and installing it
again from the Plesk Extensions Catalog to see if that resolves the
issue. Note that all your MagicSpam settings will be retained.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Hello Marco,

We are happy to hear your MagicSpam is now back up and running!

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Hi MagicSpam12,

I have the same issue but I can access Extensions any more. Klicking on Extensions in Plesk show this error message:

Internal error: command /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/magicspam/license_manager is not executable
Message command /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/magicspam/license_manager is not executable
File lib.cmdwrapper.php
Line 65
Type Exception

Any hint how to remove extension?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Mike

Hello Mike,

Sorry to hear you encountered this issue as well.

As an alternative, you can try removing the extension from the command line, using the following command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/extension -u magicspam

Then install MagicSpam from the Plesk Extensions Catalog again.

Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

OS ‪Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS‬
Plesk version 12.5.30 Update #29,
since that update #29 magic spam does not work
i get command /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/magicspam/license_manager is not executable
before (and after some bigger fuss during install months ago) it worked flawlessly.
i have already twice removed and installed anew. no change.
strange that in /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/magicspam/ i do not see a command license_manager

regards, edgar

Hello Edgar,

Thank you for your post. We are currently aware of this issue and our developers are working on a solution as we speak.

Thank you,

Hello Edgar,

You may have success by running the following command.

Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -c '/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini' -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/magicspam/scripts/post-install.php

This should hopefully help you out a bit until we can release the updated packages. Thanks,

solved!
i had noticed that license_manager was missing, hence the warning
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/magicspam/license_manager is not executable

i remembered that this was same after initial automatic install. at the time i only managed by manual install
dpkg -i ./magicspam-plesk-embedded-PLATFORM.deb

now, i did the same and voila, it works.
somehow the plesk update had shot the license manager.

regards, edgar

may i tell the magic spam community that after update of plesk (#32) same thing happened again.
again, i had to manually install magic spam as plesk destroyed it.
very nice to see this "harmony" between plesk and magic spam.
edgar

Hello Powerdynamo,

Thank you for your follow-up post. We appreciate this kind of feedback from our customers as it allows us to address the problems you have!
Can you quickly confirm for us which version of MagicSpam you are using (we released an update since your last post)?
We would like to pass on this information to our management team for possible further escalation to our contacts at Plesk.

Thanks again!

hi again,
i am running Version 2.0.4-1.
i have now disallowed automatic plesk updates to prevent same again - as i am sure it would happen again.
i have a long experience with plesk bugs and plesk desclaiming all responsibility if they think that any third party software is involved.
regards, edgar

yesterday we updated to #37 - fearing that magic spam would again be hit by this - but, much to our delight, this went well. magic spam remained untouched by the update.
regards, edgar

just to inform,

yesterday i updated from plesk #37 to #44 and
AGAIN magic spam did not work, same problem as before
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/magicspam/license_manager is not executable

well it was (again) outright missing, got erased by the update and i had manually to reinstall.

some very bad pice of programming by you and/or plesk!

edgar

Back