1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Issue with email fields.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by rick7425, Aug 23, 2008.

1. rick7425

rick7425 Guest

I would like to share that I think Plesk should allow the PLUS (+) sign to be allowed within an email address... That is, services like Google's Gmail will users to address mail as follows: username+notes@domain.tld, where username is the mailbox address, domain.tld is the domain name, and the +notes, is a "secret" code, allowing users to sort inbound mail based on the notes.

However it seems that in Plesk, specifically "Notification subscription" page, I wanted to put a note in the to address, that these messages where sent by Plesk on a specific server by customizing the to email address with the +note option, however the Plesk page's validation told me that there was a "Incorrect e-mail address specified.", however I don't feel an email address with a PLUS SIGN is incorrect...

Please think about fixing/correcting/updating Plesk to work with current email options.

Thank you, and Peace, Rick.

For more info about E-Mail address option, see Wikipedia.