• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Issue with scheduled backups

frdho

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm having some issues with scheduled backups.

Issue 1: an error during scheduled backup:

The following error occurred during the scheduled backup process:

pmm-ras failed (Error code = 1):
STDOUT: Failed to open file '/var/lib/psa/dumps/.run': Is a directory
STDERR:

Issue 2: certain domains list backups from may and beginning of october. I can't delete this because they are part of the server backup. But when I check server backups. I only find things starting from november 21st, which is correct because scheduled backup is set to keep files only 2 weeks. How can I delete these old and irrelevant backup files?

Server backups:
upload_2019-12-3_9-2-8.png

Domain backups:
upload_2019-12-3_9-2-44.png

Regards

It seems that you are using the Dropbox backup extension? Please make sure that you are using their latest update (check the extensions page for that). The reason that you cannot delete the old backup files is probably that you switched to a different backup location/procedure (Dropbox) somewhere in between. Now that target for the backups is your Dropbox account. If you want to remove the other backups, your backup target must probably first be changed to the server location that you were using before. I am not perfectly sure on that, because I have not done that myself so far, but from your screenshot I think it's the case here.

Another possible cause are incorrect permissions on the local /dumps folder. This would coincide with the pmm-ras error message.

The pmm-ras error message is misleading, I think. Could you please check the permissions of /var/lib/psa/dumps/.run? It is correct that this is a directory. It should have permissions 0755, owner root:root, example:
Code:
drwxr-xr-x  2 root   root     4096 Dec  3 03:58 .run

The /var/lib/psa/dumps folder must have permissions 0750, owner psaadm : psaadm, example:
Code:
drwxr-x---   2 psaadm psaadm 4096 Nov 22 19:41 dumps

Then please check what is set in /etc/psa/psa.conf in DUMP_D. It is thinkable that the dumps location is set to another folder that might not exist or have insufficient permissions. It should normally be
Code:
# Backups directory
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info.

I'm using the latest version of the Dropbox extension. I also switched to only local backup (as I had it at first), but this still doesn't allow me to delete the backups.

These are the permissions for the dumps folder, i can't find the permissions for .run...

drwxr-x---. 7 psaadm psaadm 221184 Dec 12 03:39 dumps

DUMP_D is set correctly to /var/lib/psa/dumps

Still no luck deleting the old backups...

Are you logged in as administrator on the server or are you logged in with a subscription account? I have a feeling that you might not be logged in as administrator. In that case you are seeing backups that were created from the host's admin account and stored locally. You can then see them, but you cannot restore them or delete them.

Back