• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Scheduled backups

Manija

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.57 Update #5, last updated on Jan 3, 2024 08:23 PM
On my Plesk Centos 7 Scheduled backups dont start any more. I can make manualy backup.
When i run this:
ps aux | grep backupmng
root 28680 0.0 0.0 112812 980 pts/0 S+ 12:11 0:00 grep --color=auto backupmng

Try to remove this process cant remove or find it.
I try all other method restart crond
And also try all existing https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...lesk-backups-do-not-run-at-the-scheduled-time
Nothing help.
Also here is logs:
grep backupmng /var/log/cron | tail -n3
Oct 24 09:21:01 plesk1 CROND[19573]: (root) CMD ([ -x /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1)
Oct 24 09:36:01 plesk1 CROND[23199]: (root) CMD ([ -x /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1)
Oct 24 09:51:01 plesk1 CROND[26970]: (root) CMD ([ -x /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1)
I try disable it and enable i didnt only try to delete privius backups that i have i need them i am cant risk that mach to delete all backups.
Is there anybody to help to solve this issue.

Yes it is activated i try several time to deactivate and activate. But nothing still not starting.

If the backupmng cronjob is in place and runs, it checks whether a backup needs to be executed. You have checked that this job is active and running, so from your point of view all is correct there.

If a backup then does not start, there can only be a few reasons:
1) It is not "active" - but you checked that and the task is activated.
2) Another backup is still running and the number of concurrent backups allowed on the server was reached so that an additional backup cannot start. - You checked that no other pmm process exists, so this cannot be the cause either.

In similar cases where there were no obvious reasons, it helped to remove the scheduled backup job (this will not remove your backups) and re-create the backup job.

I have set 4 full backup right now i have 3 full backup only.
Task is Active
And cant find any task that is runing as you can see from privius pmm ps aux

It is realy stupid this hepend after one of update and stop working after that i had a problem whit Outgoing mail control but that i manage to solve,

How to remove scheduled backup job i didnt try that. I know that i can Deactivate but dont know how to delete.

You could change the settings, store the new settings, then change them back to what you originally wanted.

Please look into /var/log/plesk/PMM/<your backup> to check whether the backup really does not start or whether it starts but fails/stops for a reason.

pmmlog:

[2024-01-13 14:02:43.834|1609] INFO: Execution of <subprocess[1614] '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras --get-ftp-dump-list --use-ftp-passive-mode --lightweight-mode --dump-storage=ftps://u................................your-storagebox.de/pleskbackup/ --type=server --guid=a3508390-9fad-477b-8f6f-0a213680b046 --name=p......team.ba --session-path=/var/log/plesk/PMM'> finished successfully.
[2024-01-13 14:02:43.835|1609] DEBUG: <__main__.GetDumpsListActionobject at 0x7f1125ab8e80>: response
[2024-01-13 14:02:43.840|1609] INFO: Outgoing packet:
<?xml version="1.0" ?><response>
<errcode>0</errcode>
<errmsg/>
<data>
<dump-list skipped-files-count="0">
<dump creation-date="2305180110" fullname="backup_2305180110.tar" name="backup_2305180110.tar" size="587045188535">
<dump-status backup-process-status="" dump-status= "OK"/>
</dump>
<dump creation-date="2309122122" fullname="backup_2309122122.tar" name="backup_2309122122.tar" size="630988353596">
<dump-status backup-process-status="" dump-status= "OK"/>
</dump>
</dump-list>
</data>
</response>

The content of that file indicates no errors. It also shows that the backup has started. There should also be a backup.log file with all the backup steps in detail. Beyond all other log entries that file shows if and where errors occur.

I check all sims all is fine but still is not creating backup.
I dont know if i mention i am making this backup via FTP. I try also to move all backups and remove FTP and add again storage same thing Scheduled backups not working but if i start manual backup it make it normaly to same FTP. Dont know anymore what to do.

If no errors are logged, the backup is created. Maybe there is an issue on the FTP storage side with displaying the files?

i think about that and check but sims fine it is classic Hetzner Box there is fee space around 5TB backup it self take aroun 542GB i check the user it has all permission.

Back