• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Issue with Wordpress Toolkit and plugins breaking on update

johnny a

New Pleskian
I've had the Wordpress Toolkit set to auto update plugins ever since that was an option. I never had any issues, they updated the plugins and wordpress core perfectly every time. I noticed sometime last October (2021), that plugins wouldn't update properly. And it was causing the sites to crash and display the "There has been a critical error on this website." It's an easy fix to just manually upload the plugin. I'm just wondering why it's happening. I've got too many sites to have to go back to manually updating the plugins.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in plugins breaking on auto update? Or anyone know where I can go in the toolkit logs (if that exists) to see what happened during the download? It seems to be random. I'll have 2 sites, same server and hosting settings, similar sizes(content wise), with the same plugins, but one breaks and the other doesn't.

I wanted to add my server info:

Windows 2016
Plesk Obsidian - Version 18.0.40 Update #3
Wordpress Toolkit - Version 5.9.1-5836

Back