• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issues restoring plesk 9 backup on 11 and segmentation faults

freaky@

Regular Pleskian
Hi there,

Plesk is really confusing me again - like most of the time :).

Anyways, I'm trying to restore a plesk 9 backup to plesk 11 to test migration. The import fails and I had the exact error message, but can't seem to reproduce it now as I'm running into segmentation faults once again. Can't run it in strace to debug that, because it will detect a debugger and just exit...

Nearly all plesk commands give segmentation faults btw. I don't have a fixed path to get around that, some times it just starts working, probably after executing some other plesk cli commands. Doesn't now :(.

The restore process has this logged:

root@plesk:/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20121019105313708# cat deploy.result
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="success"><object name="" type="server"><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" id="4b8b100a-29ee-4df7-8894-1d56a122fd48" severity="error"><description>Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mailserver.php --set-relay auth -auth-type smtp -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Unable to set relaying type: Unable to set requested relay type:
</description></message></object></execution-result>

I have been able to run that command myself a couple of days ago, and it said something about Postfix not being able to handle short names. Now I don't really need those, user specify their full e-mail address as login. Can I disable that on qmail? I'm afraid that when I just install qmail instead of postfix and then switch to postfix afterwards the same issue will occur.

Can't run the command now, have the dreaded segmentation fault again:

root@plesk:/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20121019105313708# /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mailserver.php --set-relay auth -auth-type smtp -ignore-nonexistent-options
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Didn't see that on pleskrestore before though, but does it too now:

root@plesk:/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20121019105313708# /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore 20121018.psa -level server -map restore.map
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any ideas?

If I correctly understood it is Ubuntu server on VPS?

Hi,

it's Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64 yes.

It's running virtual, but it's not a VPS as in me renting it (we own the vmware host). I do have physical / console access thus.

What's driving me really insane is the amount of segfaults I get on a lot of CLI commands that aren't consistent. Some times stuff just works, most of the times it does not. Reinstalled the machine several times - always the same. Minimal Ubuntu install (only OpenSSH), update it, install plesk (11.0.9 currently).

Also looking for a way to either 'map' (with the mapping file) the short names off, so the import succeeds or disabling it on our plesk 9 so I can make a new backup and restore that without the setting.

Thanks for the re'.

We have already bugreport about
Stderr is
It will be fixed in Plesk 11.1 version.
Segfaults may be caused by lack of resources for virtual server or hardware problems.

Segfaults may be caused by lack of resources for virtual server or hardware problems.
I sincerely doubt that, since our host has plenty of resources available. Doesn't take long to generate that error either.

In fact, if I test now, I get the error when logged in over SSH, but I do *NOT* get it when using console access. As console access is usually slower and SSH'ing to the machine is just way easier I usually use that. But I'd suspect a linking issue or environment variable issue. I'll see if I can narrow it down.

Are there any ways I can help debug? I'm running this machine on a trial license now behind a firewall. Can grand you access too if you want. Did try debugging with strace but it exits then with a message that a debugger is detected... Doesn't make debugging easier ;).

Any ideas when 11.1 will come? Are there any work-arounds currently? I could change to qmail in plesk and then switch it to postfix, but will that introduce the same error?

Thanks for the re'.

Perhaps something that helps:
In console: set > /tmp/console-env
In SSH: set > /tmp/ssh-env
diff /tmp/console-env /tmp/ssh-env > /tmp/diff-env

Contents of diff-env:

14c14,15
< COLUMNS=80
---
> COLUMNS=155
> COMP_WORDBREAKS=$' \t\n"\'><=;|&:)'
27a29,32
> LC_MONETARY=nl_NL.UTF-8
> LC_NUMERIC=nl_NL.UTF-8
> LC_PAPER=nl_NL.UTF-8
> LC_TIME=nl_NL.UTF-8
30c35
< LINES=25
---
> LINES=53
40,43c45,48
< PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
< PIPESTATUS=([0]="1")
< PPID=2191
< PS1='${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\u@\h:\w\$ '
---
> PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
> PIPESTATUS=([0]="0")
> PPID=23525
> PS1='\[\e]0;\u@\h: \w\a\]${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\u@\h:\w\$ '
50,54c55,58
< SUDO_COMMAND=/bin/bash
< SUDO_GID=1000
< SUDO_UID=1000
< SUDO_USER=itsn
< TERM=linux
---
> SSH_CLIENT='10.230.255.1 38571 22'
> SSH_CONNECTION='10.230.255.1 38571 10.240.0.209 22'
> SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/1
> TERM=xterm
57,58c61,62
< USERNAME=root
< _=./pleskrestore
---
> XDG_SESSION_COOKIE=d365311d267b9e510c9e40d9000028ec-1351151778.726603-422989010
> _=/tmp/console-env

Narrowed it down. Have it working now. I SSH from a linux machine, it copies my locale environment vars which are a bit odd. From my local machine:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=nl_NL.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=nl_NL.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=nl_NL.UTF-8
LC_TIME=nl_NL.UTF-8

The reason I have this is quite simple. I like my apps in english (as well as websites), much rather than in dutch. However, english values (date formatting, paper size, monetary values) do not match the ones we use, so I have to override them. Mostly don't notice errors from this but some apps want LC_ALL set for example, which I can't use. LC_ALL sets everything to 1 and only 1 setting, so I'm either stuck with all dutch, or all english settings then as LC_ALL overrides all of em.

Unsetting the LC_* vars solves the issue.

Now that it works, here's the full error:

root@plesk:/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20121019105313708# /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mailserver.php --set-relay auth -auth-type smtp -ignore-nonexistent-options
Fatal error: plesk::NotSupportedError(short account-format is not supported for Postfix isn't supported)

Back