• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Java applications are not working on our new server

A

amritrr

Hi This is a windows server with plesk 8.2. Everything else is working fine but java applications are not running on the server. I have also uploaded a simple .jsp file and accessed it using the full url but it gives an error. I have checked plesk components manager and it shows JDK 1.5 and Apache Tomcat 5.5.4 running properly. What could we be doing wrong. Somewhat new to plesk machines and Java. Any help would be appreciated.

This server in question was configured by the Datacenter with Pleask 8.2 for unlimited domains and Tom/Apache is also installed. Now, is the server ready to host Java applications or are we supposed to install something additional for .jsp files to work. Anyone else had a similar issue?

amritrr,
You may want to check with your DC folks that it is Plesk Plus that was installed.
Plesk Plus allows you to manage Tomcat via Plesk Control Panel.

However in the world of best of breed solutions, my company offers Plesk and cPanel
for general site management and Ngasi ASM for Tomcat/Java management.

Just an option to consider.
Cheers.

Back