• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

JBoss replacing Tomcat

C

cuppett

I would actually replace Tomcat with JBoss. You can re-use the Tomcat code on the built in Tomcat on JBoss. You could also do the following things:

Only allow deployment of EAR files.

If user deploys WAR, wrap it in an EAR, it's only zip files and descriptors to build.

When deployed through Plesk, go through the XML descriptors and add security information to ensure nobody's stuff intermingles (enhanced security)

Because introspection is being used, could also create necessary grants to codebases for user home directories, etc.

Greatly enhances value of Plesk for ISPs.

There are other extremely useful things that can be done with a full J2EE plugin that can't/aren't being done in Plesk with the Tomcat plugin.

Explain more

Hello,

I run HSPc, Virtuozzo, and Plesk for our full hosting solutions and I have had people ask me about jboss. I have visited the website, but I am not a Java or Tomcat tech. Could you explain how you are talking intergrating jboss into a Plesk enviroment. I am very interested in this possible solution.

Thanks.

James

Back