• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question jetbackup alternative for plesk?

sebgonzes

Silver Pleskian
Hello

A lot of our user claim about an efective backup system (plesk backup is not an solution for this...) as cpanel have (jetbackup or r1soft plugin), is there some plugin that able to do this? backup who user is able to restore an full backup, only one directory or include, only 1 file?

You can restore particular file or directory from Plesk backup very easy without any paid third-party solutions.
Just click to backup, then set "Selected objects" for "What do you want to restore?", then in dropdown menu "Type of object to restore" select "Files of domains", choose needed subscription and click "Add files" to select what you want to restore from this subscription backup.
It's really very simple and much better done than in cPanel.

Hi @sebgonzes ,

as @IgorG wrote above, Plesk Backup Manager provides granular restore for files, directories, mailboxes, databases, sites, DNS zones: out of the box, in UI, without any additional payments for third-party plugins. It's very interesting for us to hear your feedback.
* What are the main weak points of Plesk backup manager from your point of view?
* What is good in those paid third-party backup solution for cPanel that makes them preferred from your point of view?

Hi @sebgonzes ,

as @IgorG wrote above, Plesk Backup Manager provides granular restore for files, directories, mailboxes, databases, sites, DNS zones: out of the box, in UI, without any additional payments for third-party plugins. It's very interesting for us to hear your feedback.
* What are the main weak points of Plesk backup manager from your point of view?
* What is good in those paid third-party backup solution for cPanel that makes them preferred from your point of view?

Hello

The last time I use the plesk backup, performance are so bad, that I had to change my backup strategy. It's also true that not use it since plesk 10, so I will try it again with plesk onyx to see if cumply with what our client claim (in functionality and performance)

Yes, check also that your client uses the latest Plesk version, and does not still use some kind of antique version.

Main weak point for me, is i cant setup multiple daily schedule for ex. db backup, i would prefere running db backup 4 times every day, but i need to do this via thirdparty software currently.

Think a better solution for scheduling from a admin's point of view would be in place.

Hi,

so I will try it again with plesk onyx to see if cumply with what our client claim (in functionality and performance)
@sebgonzes glad to hear! Please let us know about your experience. We made a lot of functional and performance improvements since Plesk 10 (that was released 7 years ago)

Main weak point for me, is i cant setup multiple daily schedule for ex. db backup, i would prefere running db backup 4 times every day,

@Søren thanks for your input! I've created feature-request (PPM-2306) for the ability to schedule daily backup several times a day, but as I understand, it's more important for you to create several different schedules. For example, backup files one time each day and backup DB every 4 hours a day. Am I right? If so, I would like to ask you to feel your suggestion on Feature Suggestions (1745 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk so we can track it and see how many customers want the same.

Thanks again

Back