• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Joomla issue on webserver with PLesk and IIS

anderv

New Pleskian
Hello everyone. We have an issue with website which run on Joomla on webserver Plesk/IIS which makes full server unavailable.

It is Windows 2008 R2 SP1 virtual server which run Plesk with couple of websites which run in IIS. This server work pretty good before one new website appear. This website use Joomla 3.3.6 (release 43) currently. It works OK about 10 – 11 days after server reboot and after it this website on Joomla become unavailable first and after it during about an hour all other websites become unavailable and server stop responding and we have to reboot it from console. Yesterday I could connect to this server RDP just before it happen and could check its memory usage in task manager and it show that only 85 % of available memory in use and CPU usage was not more than 10 % and it has a lot of disk space but when I tried to run IIS to check websites state I get this error “Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service”. After it I could not start even command prompt and had to reboot this server to make websites running. After server reboot all websites up and running OK and in all event logs I could see only that server was out of system resources. But nothing about why it happened. Before this new website setup this web server worked OK during months without this issue.

Is it possible to check Joomla settings and probably setup it to use less resources ans make more verbose logging? Also probably somebody already had issues like this with Joomla and Plesk and IIS? I checked all services and their memory usage after server reboot and before this issue happened and memory usage was almost the same so it does not looks like memory leaking in any windows processes.

Thanks,

Andrey

I have the same configuration and almost the same problem. If I install Joomla (3.4.1), only the joomla site keep saying "error 503, The service is unavailable.". All other websites (pure HTML/PHP) keep running ok. I uninstalled joomla and installed wordpress and the problem does not shows up. I uninstall wordpress and install again Joomla and the problem keep annoying me. Any suggestions how to fix it?
Plesk 12.0.18;
windows 2008 R2 SP1;
4500MB of memory;
4x virtual core;
C drive has 24Gb of free space;
D drive (where sites are storaged) has 40GB of free space;

Last edited:
Back