• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Joomla/Plesk Integration?

mparadis

Regular Pleskian
Anyone know of a way to get Joomla users accounts created on the plesk server? I need users who are signing up on joomla to end up with an email account on plesk under a specific domain.

Mike

it sounds like you need to make a modification that allows you to hook into the psa API - that oculd be dangerous becuase you would have to expose the admin pw in your code somewhere

otherwise you would have to allow shell exec so that you can read the pw from a file, and that is just as bad becuase then that could allow attackers to run code in your system.

Either way I think its a bad idea to have this done automatically, it may better to ahve them request an email and then do it manually.

I decided on another, easier method. All I need is some way of reading the users from the joomla user file in the dbase, and generating text output showing new accounts in a certain class and others which have been innactive for x amount of time.

I don't need the passwords, just the user names.

Back