• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Json Issue with PHP

mrtripps

New Pleskian
Hello, I recently embarked installing Joomla onto a domain on our server. Step 2 of the install suggested that Json was not present on the system.

I found some steps to solve this.. here is what I did:

root@server[#] yum update *php*
root@server[#] yum install php-pear
root@server[#] yum install gcc
root@server[#] pecl install json
root@server[#] cd /etc/php.d/
root@server[#] echo extension=json.so >> json.ini
root@server[#] /etc/init.d/httpd restart

Joomla still doesn't recognise the presence of Json, however it now flags this on Step 1 of the install and won't let me move past. I did some further digging to learn that actually PHP 5.3 has the Json libraries present already. Apparently if you ignore the joomla report in step 2 it should just go right ahead and install fine. The problem is that since installing the pecl package of json, I cannot get to step 2 of the Joomla install anymore. I figured it may be practical to reinstall PHP. Some posts I have read suggest this may affect Plesk though because of it's dependencies on php?

Is it safe for me to reinstall PHP on Plesk 10? If so what steps should I follow?

Or is there some other way of me getting Json to work properly with my domains?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Jay

Back