• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Json Issue with PHP

mrtripps

New Pleskian
Hello, I recently embarked installing Joomla onto a domain on our server. Step 2 of the install suggested that Json was not present on the system.

I found some steps to solve this.. here is what I did:

root@server[#] yum update *php*
root@server[#] yum install php-pear
root@server[#] yum install gcc
root@server[#] pecl install json
root@server[#] cd /etc/php.d/
root@server[#] echo extension=json.so >> json.ini
root@server[#] /etc/init.d/httpd restart

Joomla still doesn't recognise the presence of Json, however it now flags this on Step 1 of the install and won't let me move past. I did some further digging to learn that actually PHP 5.3 has the Json libraries present already. Apparently if you ignore the joomla report in step 2 it should just go right ahead and install fine. The problem is that since installing the pecl package of json, I cannot get to step 2 of the Joomla install anymore. I figured it may be practical to reinstall PHP. Some posts I have read suggest this may affect Plesk though because of it's dependencies on php?

Is it safe for me to reinstall PHP on Plesk 10? If so what steps should I follow?

Or is there some other way of me getting Json to work properly with my domains?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Jay

Back