• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved JSON.parse: unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON data at line 1 column 23643 of the JSON data

aarucanada

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.61 Update 6
In Plesk Obsidian 18.0.61 Update 6 running on Debian 10 we are getting the error 'JSON.parse: unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON data at line 1 column 23643 of the JSON data' while saving the settings in the Hosting Settings for a Domain. We were updating a Dedicated IP for a domain when receiving this error. The domain still saved the new IP but we thought we should inform you.

Thanks for lettings us know. Do you used DNSSEC and have added DS records to the DNS zone of the domain by any chance?

I had setup DNSSEC in Cloudflare and on the Registrar for the domain, but hadn't added the DS record to the DNS zone in Plesk. I've done that now and still receive the same error when saving the Hosting Settings.

I had setup DNSSEC in Cloudflare and on the Registrar for the domain, but hadn't added the DS record to the DNS zone in Plesk. I've done that now and still receive the same error when saving the Hosting Settings.
Sorry, for the caused confusion. DS records should only be added the parent zone of domain. In most cases that should be the domain registrar (unless you are using a sub domain). So in your case it's best to remove them from the DNS zone in Plesk and from Cloudflare. This should also solve the JSON error you are seeing. As this is likely caused because the DS point to themselves.

Hello,
I have suddently the same error:

Product: Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.61 Update #6, last updated on July 6, 2024 06:29 AM

When I hit "Save" on the "Hosting Settings" page, I have this message at the top of the page:
Unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON at position 21406 (line 1 column 21407)
I don't have any custom DNS settings and this was in a freshly created hosting.
I have two identical servers running the same debian/plesk version and this problem appeared on both servers.
Thank you for any help !

Hello,
I have now also the same issue here when I try to create/change DNS zones.

Product: Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.62 Update #1, zuletzt aktualisiert: 4. Juli 2024 06:26:49

When I try to change settings for a DNS zone or synchronize/desynchronize an alias this error appears:

Internal error
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON data at line 1 column 105 of the JSON data

The configuration is not becoming active and in /var/named/run-root/var the zone only appears in a state "domain-name.tld.next" and no entry in the named.conf
Thank you for any help !

Hi Kaspar, thank you for your time !

No DNSSEC configured as far as I know (I checked on my registrar Gandi.net).
I have indeed some errors in Tools & Settings > Log Browser > Plesk
2024-07-24 11:24:24ERRpanel [4073479:66a0c8487f2f6]
Error during xxx-dev.xxx.pro updateZone: dnsmng failed: Fatal error: boost::process::process_error(execve failed: No such file or directory):
0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Plesk.php:14
Service_Dns_Connector_Plesk->commitChanges()
1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Proxy.php:207
Service_Dns_Connector_Proxy->commitChanges()
2: :

2024-07-24 11:24:24ERRpanel [4073479:66a0c8487f2f6]
'/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'xxx-dev.xxx.pro' '--without-reverse' failed with code 1.

stdout:
Fatal error: boost::process::process_error(execve failed: No such file or directory)

stderr:
Fatal error: boost::process::process_error(execve failed: No such file or directory)

Show less
2024-07-24 11:24:24ERRutil_exec [4073479:66a0c8487f2f6]
proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'xxx-dev.xxx.pro' '--without-reverse'] with exit code [1]
(I have edited the domain name "xxx-dev.xxx.pro").

Note that I have issues with repeated and random 404 errors on my plesk server (Resolved - Lots of 404 errors for new WordPress sites), I don't know if this could be related (but this issue is really bothering too :) )

Hello,

we are using DNS on that server since June - before we had external Nameserver. The DNSSEC extension was installed, but not used yet. I uninstalled it - no change with the issue. Also after reinstalling (still no use of DS records). In the panel log I found the first appearance of an error today morning for another domain:

--------------------------------------------
[2024-07-24 08:26:33.776] 3429400:66a09e9994def ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'domain1.tld' '--
without-reverse'] with exit code [1]
[2024-07-24 08:26:33.777] 3429400:66a09e9994def ERR [panel] '/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'domain1.tld' '--without-reverse' failed w
ith code 1.

stdout:
--------------------------------------------

When I try to do a repair now (plesk repair dns) I get the message "Error messages: 0; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0" but logged errors for all (!) domains like this:

[2024-07-24 11:15:31.818] 3581736:66a0c633c7ca5 ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'domain.tld' '--without-reverse'] with exit code [1]
[2024-07-24 11:15:33.710] 3581736:66a0c633c7ca5 ERR [panel] Error during domain.tld updateZone: dnsmng failed: Fatal error: boost::process::process_error(execve failed: No such file or directory)

The Nameserver for domains configured before is still working, but the new written zonefiles in /var/named/run-root/var/ are seem not to be activated (all zones with a file domain.tld.next beside the original ones) due to the error.

I have the same error when trying to save data in "Hosting Settings" panel for a Domain.
Product: Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition
Version: 18.0.62 Update #1

Output from Log Browser -> Plesk:

'/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'xxx.com' '--without-reverse' failed with code 1.

stdout:

stderr:

and

Error during xxx.com updateZone: dnsmng failed: Fatal error: boost::process::process_error(execve failed: No such file or directory):

I replaced my domain here to xxx.com

Ah same here, same error (was working fine 11/07/24)

Ubuntu 20.04 (64 Bit)
Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition
Version 18.0.62 Update #1

Error during xxxx.com updateZone: dnsmng failed: Fatal error: boost::process::process_error(execve failed: No such file or directory):

Thank you all for reporting this. Your reports have been really helpful!

We are currently investigating this issue with priority. As soon as I have more information on the issue I will post in this thread.

I got same on 2 servers using ubuntu 20.04, but servers on ubuntu 22.04 works as intented.

here is what I found out, if this helps anybody:
/usr/sbin/named-checkconf
-bash: /usr/sbin/named-checkconf: No such file or directory

but this is working:
/usr/bin/named-checkconf -t /var/named/run-root /etc/named.conf
and this is working:
/usr/bin/named-checkconf

Last edited:
Hi all, we have identified that this issue only affects Ubuntu 22.04 users and that the issue is related to an update of the bind9-utils package. We are releasing an update tomorrow to fix the issue.

In the meantime we've published a workaround solution here:
hi, just tried the help advice, but i got this reply in SSH:
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/usr/sbin/named-checkconf': File exists

Hi all, we have identified that this issue only affects Ubuntu 22.04 users and that the issue is related to an update of the bind9-utils package. We are releasing an update tomorrow to fix the issue.

In the meantime we've published a workaround solution here:
I tried that fix but still same error:
2024-07-24 15:09:40ERRpanel [1528770:66a0ef0421c31]
PleskPermissionDeniedException: Permission denied.
file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Controller/Action/Abstract.php
line: 194
code: 0
trace: #0 /opt/psa/admin/application/smb/controllers/DnsZoneController.php(292): CommonPanel_Controller_Action_Abstract->_postRequestRequired()
#1 /opt/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Smb_DnsZoneController->updateAction()
#2 /opt/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(string 'updateAction')
#3 /opt/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(object of type Zend_Controller_Request_Http, object of type Zend_Controller_Response_Http)
#4 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Application/Web.php(48): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(object of type Zend_Controller_Request_Http)
#5 /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/application.php(15): Plesk\Application_Web->run()

Show less
2024-07-24 15:09:39ERRpanel [1691027:66a0ef03c45fe]
Error during testi123.fi updateZone: dnsmng failed: Fatal error: boost::process::process_error(execve failed: No such file or directory):

Show less
2024-07-24 15:09:39ERRpanel [1691027:66a0ef03c45fe]
'/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'testi123.fi' '--without-reverse' failed with code 1.

stdout:

stderr:

Show less
2024-07-24 15:09:39ERRutil_exec [1691027:66a0ef03c45fe]proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'testi123.fi' '--without-reverse'] with exit code [1]

Is this solution (creating a symlink) working for someone ? Because I see the same problem, nothing changed.

The workaround does not fix it for us. Even after creating that symllink

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Jul 24 14:21 /usr/sbin/named-checkconf -> /usr/bin/named-checkconf

the error still appears and the DNS configuration can not be updated:

2024-07-24 14:24:50 ERR
panel [3584212:66a0f291f1bc5]

Error during domain.tld updateZone: dnsmng failed: Fatal error: boost::process::process_error(execve failed: No such file or directory):

panel [3584212:66a0f291f1bc5]

'/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'domain.tld' '--without-reverse' failed with code 1.

stdout:
stderr:

util_exec [3584212:66a0f291f1bc5]
proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'domain.tld' '--without-reverse'] with exit code [1]

Back