• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Juggernaut - by default, will or can it cause problems?

larryk

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.55_build1800230919.07 os_CentOS 7
Hi,
I just installed it and ran the setup and just did everything by default.

I've had my plesk server for years... but dealing with a problem and decided to GET more insight into my plesk server.
it looks great so far, with the amount of data Juggernaut can provide.

BUT I suck at command line and networking is not my expertise.

should I be concerned that some negative side effect can/will happen?
I wasn't even sure what ALL those settings were or what it was saying/doing.

is there a default issue I should be checking?
could I have easily turned something on, that I had NO IDEA is shouldn't have?

thanks
ps. is there a "simple" page I can go read and learn,figure out issues that are happening on my server?

ps. is there a "simple" page I can go read and learn,figure out issues that are happening on my server?
I understand that Juggernaut can be a bit daunting for new users as it has a lot of options. For most new users I recommend going though the getting started guide:

That will get the majority of everything configured and shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes (mostly just signing up for all the free API keys to the different providers).

After you you have it configured you can learn a lot about more advanced tasks in our knowledgebase (complete with screenshots):

Some people don't know that all our documentation is integrated directly within the application so it's easy to get details information about specific settings:

Lastly if you ever have problems that you think are related to the firewall just open a support ticket and a tech would be happy to help!

==> thanks for the links and info :)

So as newbie to your software:
1) I love the data, but YES, over whelming ==> there should be "beginners" page, with something like this:
IF you are looking for ________ (some item or some concept)____ then go to this page/tab _______.

2) have a top 10 things that most people do, use our tool for AND show how to do them.

3) for specific items, have a pros/cons for them. Explain it, don't just say the obvious.

Yes, I'm pretty sure people who know networking, server software, command line experts.... they see your tool and think it is perfect. they "know" all these things. For me, I know "of" things, but details or knowing what XYZ is or how to use it, "correctly".... well, I need help. The above items seem easy items you could create that would HELP a lot?

Back