• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Just another fantastic update

• Thread starter Deleted member 100203
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 100203

I've just updated from 11.5.30 to 12.0.18, and yet this another fantastic update. After every update I've to spend a full day looking for fixes because of the update. I'm using a standard Strato configuration, nothing special. But I'm getting a bit frustrated now because I have to spend yet another day looking for fixes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to inform you guys. The problem was/is that Apache2 wouldn't start, the click here button to generate an entirely new set of configuration files didn't work, even as the later click here button that should be pressed when all else fails didn't work. Finally I have reinstalled the server with Ubuntu 14.04 with Plesk 12 and I'm now busy putting back the backup. Fingers crossed though because while it sounds simple my experiance is that I'm busy for a couple of hours.

And after trying to restore for the first time, some of the websites aren't restored... So I'm up for round #2. The error is "Failed deployment of client", because why in Hell shouldn't you restore all site from within a backup???

Great... Up for round #3... All sites are functioning... Only have to restore email... Round #3.

Thanks Parallels for this amazing update... It has completely ruined my sunday. After the second update all sites were working but the only thing I can't get to work is the emails. Each and every mayor update has his own problems, there is no fun in updating

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry for my outbursts. Since Plesk 8.x I've never have done an upgrade without a problem, there is always something. I've once have created all from scratch, so no backups, etc. and from that version to the next it was all screwed up again. I'm was getting really frustrated with this product. Once you've got it running don't do anything because it's going to mess up you day. I've got it running btw, I've manually placed the e-mails in it's folders and changed rights. I've restored a backup three times and all my clients have a running website again, one of my sites is missing in action but I'm working on that. I'll hope Parallels will have an update available very soon so we can function as lab rats yet again. I know... multiple OS's, configurations, etc. make it hard to satisfy everyone, that's okay with me as long as they don't keep dissapointing me.

Back