• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Just installed perl modules are not visible to perl

Andrey M

New Pleskian
I have a VPS with:

OS Linux 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5
Panel version 10.2.0

I'm trying to install Bugzilla which requires additional perl modules. When I run a check it shows that many modules are missing although I installed them all using yum and epel repository that provides all modules needed for bugzilla. Are there two perls? Are there any difference between different users running perl scripts?

I also tried an alternative way. I tried to follow the installation instructions of bugzilla like this command: /usr/bin/
perl install-module.pl Digest::SHA but got the following errors:

Checking for CPAN (v1.81) found v1.76
Checking for YAML (any) not found
Checking for ExtUtils-MakeMaker (v6.31) found v6.30
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata

Database was generated on Sun, 20 Nov 2011 23:28:11 GMT
Installing CPAN version 1.9800...
Using included version of ExtUtils::Install (1.52) as it is newer than
the installed version (1.33).
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for ExtUtils::MakeMaker
Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
-- NOT OK
Running make test
Can't test without successful make
Running make install
make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

Is there something wrong with the make command?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure that it is Plesk related issue. You have tried install some third-party software and it can be related to OS environment or something else. Installation of third-patrty perl modules is not tested operation for Plesk.

Perl modules are not really that unnatural software for CentOS + Plesk. I assume the issue is related to the OS directories structure or something like that

Back